A Fascinating Program for History Studies!
Recently, I've been studying the missionary tours of the Apostle Paul who went to and fro through the ancient Roman Empire. It would have been exciting to experience that time and now with a new tool called ORBIS we might be able to get a better mental picture of what travel was like in Roman times. ORBIS was developed at Standford university and is a geospatial network model of the Roman World. Or in other words it is a very sophisticated travel calculator set in ancient Roman time. I believe this tool will have good use for both history and theological students.
I know it looks like I'm going soft on topics but I assure you I'll be veering back towards heavy matters pertaining to the welfare of humanity. History is important though for those who want not to err in the same way as those that came before. As always, I welcome polite input.
Agape, Daniel
No comments:
Post a Comment